One of Those Days

ian - frankfort, Kentucky
Themes: forgiveness

At that moment I was confused. I stood cowering before myself. How do I tell her? Do I break it to her straight to the point or tell her how it happened. AHHHHH!!! I’m so confused.

It was a cold, rainy day when I got a call from my ex-girlfriend.

“Do you want to come over?” she asked.

As I heard her ask I began to think, Should I? But what would Kendal say? As I laid in bed listening to Stephany the more I wanted to go. Kendal and I were only talking so I didn’t consider anything I did with Stephany cheating. So I ended up going.

When I arrived at Stephanie’s house I wondered what we were going to do. I walked up to the door and as soon as I began to knock the door slung open.

As I walked into the door I got a huge hug and Stephany said,” I am so glad you are here.”

“Me too,” I replied thinking to myself, Why am I really here?

As she took me to her room I asked, “What are we going to do?”

“Watch a movie,” she responded.

When we got back to her room she put a movie in and I laid on her bed. After she put the movie in she came and laid down beside me. I froze and she took my arm and put it around her. By the middle of the movie we were both extremely bored and that’s when all the problems started happening.

Stephany rolled over on me and we began to kiss. Well, as we all know most of the time kissing leads to making out. As we did this more I began to realize how much I actually liked Kendal. Kendal wouldn’t do this to me and I couldn’t believe I was beginning to. I pushed Stephany off of me in anger, marched through the door and left.

The following night I called Kendal and told her the mistake I had made. I sincerely apologized about fifty times and asked her to come over and give me a second chance.

After about 15 minutes she said, “Okay” and came over.

Kendal gave me a second chance and the words that made my night were

“Yes Ian, I forgive you.”

As you can see, second chances are always amazing. I believe that when people ask for second chances usually that means they are honestly sorry and that they won’t make that mistake again. The moral of this story is that all people deserve a second chance no matter what they do.