i believe in myself

swarup - austin/, Texas

There is always something to stress about in my life. Either I have a horrible grade or I having problems with one of my friends or I am just exhausted from all the school work. There are times when I freak out because nothing is going the way I want it to. But even with every thing being wrong with my life I believe in smiling, appreciating the small successes, and being who I am.

I believe that I should smile everyday, even when I have to fake it. Even when, I am unhappy, I fake a smile so I start to get positive vibe. There have been plenty of times when I would be sad and gloomy. There are times when I put my head down for while and hear other people laughing which would make me get up and smile and start talking to people, and right away there were plenty of people who would make me smile, giggle and laugh.

I believe in enjoying my A’s. I realize that as I move up form my class I get A’s less frequently. Whenever anybody accomplishes their goal, they should be proud of themselves. That’s why I find the quote “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.” so true. Most people try to accomplish their goals to be happy, instead, they should be happy in order to achieve success in life. When I was little my mom wouldn’t let me throw away milk left from the cereal. Every time I tried, she would talk about the kids in Somalia that died from starvation. I used to wonder, how it would affect those kids in Africa if I drank the milk or threw it away. But now I realize that my mom just wanted me to appreciate what I had.

I believe in believing in myself. I believe that when I work hard, I can accomplish anything I want. For me world history AP has been a real challenge. Last semester I was lazy, I wouldn’t read the chapters and I would complain about the class being hard. Finally this semester I have come to realize that there is nothing besides reading that can help me get a good grade on that class. I have been reading the chapters lately and it is not surprise to me that I get A’s now. Every once in a while, the test results don’t turn out the way I expect it to be but there is always next time when I can put greater effort.

There are many things in life that I have no control over, but if I want change something than I know that being positive, working hard and believing in myself always.