Things That Make Life Worthwhile

Clair - Hummelstown, Pennsylvania

Friends: No matter where you are, who you are, what you say, true friends will follow you to the ends of the earth, just to see your smile.

Imperfections: They makes up who we are, give us our character. They shape our minds, bodies, and hearts, to make each of us unique.

Hopes: The heart of all decisions. Hope is so fragile, so delicate, so pure. It is the glue that holds our dreams together.

Dreams: These fantasies always seem so real, untamed to a point. They make us stop and think, ponder our desires. Give us hope they do, strengthen it even.

Diversity: Without diversity, life would mind numbing. Diversity gives us new experiences, new lifestyles, new understandings of just what life is all about.

Words: Show pain, happiness, and too many emotions to name. They can show you care, show that you understand. They are better when sweet.

Actions: Do speak louder then words. You can say ‘I love you’ until you’re breathless, but just holding hands can show it. Saying you’re going to do something is one thing, proving it is another. Even a high-five can make your day that much better.

Smiles: Even if you smile at someone you don’t know, you still know that you gave them at least ten seconds of happiness that day. Who knows, you may have been the only person who gave them ten seconds of their day.

Laughs: Make everything better. No matter how down, or small, or heart-broken you may be, a single laugh can put the sun back in your sky. It makes things better, even at the darkest hour.

Books: Reach out to readers, and pry out their inner most emotions. Good books make your heart sing, cry, and laugh all at the same time.

Music: Heals the broken hearts. It soothes the soul when you need it the most. Music makes you dance, cry your eyes out, and make your days intense, for whatever reason.

Teachers: Never have I heard of a single teacher, who gave up on a student. Teachers are coaches for life, guidance in those dark areas, and overseers of our decisions.

Love: Is so impossible to understand, even as we age. We try to make it our own, to keep it forever, even if we do not comprehend it. Love is never forgotten, even though memories fade and hearts break. Never let go, especially when you do not fully recognize it.

Life: Has stood up against the test of time. By far, it’s too precious to waste. Each and every life has purpose, even if it is young or old. It teaches us, at every moment, of ever day. It means something different to everyone. Every life has meaning, even if it’s to make you smile, just once.

This I believe.