The Youth of America

Zac - York/Pa/17404, Pennsylvania

I believe whole heartily that soon, very soon the youth of the nation needs to stand up.

The world is getting worse and worse. I’ve heard many people say that everything will get better once we have a new president. But it’s not at all. From what I know, we are following in the footsteps of Ancient Rome, and if we look at how they turned out, it’s not a bright future.

With these people trying to take God out of everything, He won’t bless this nation for much longer. He will let us become what we wanted: a nation independent completely from God.

I believe this generation, needs to stand up. Though not many will, the few that do, will be the last chance this nation has. This country needs to take a stand against complacency. This nation in general has gotten very lazy; we expect everything now without having to work for it. We need to stop turning our heads pretending nothing needs to be done while the voice in back of our heads is screaming at us that we need to stand up.

We need to show the war veterans that the nation that they fought for, all the soldiers that died for; that though few of us; we will make a difference and not let these years go by without being heard.

There’s a song that says it clearly. In “Days End” by Ivoryline, they say: “Our complacency won’t last much longer; an urgency will sweep, sweep, sweep our sleep, sleep, sleeping hearts.” That urgency is us, waking the ones that don’t see what’s happening to this nation. Every citizen in the United States has gotten used to being apart of one of the leading countries. But what people should see is that the thought of the U.S.A being a 2nd of 3rd world country. That thought isn’t too far away.

In the end of it all, it’s not that much of a drastic change for an individual; but on a large scale, with many teens just stepping up a little in taking on responsibility. But since the fact is, most teenagers are in the mindset that, the teen years are the best years; and while that may be true, they associate that with having the least amount of responsibility; and they are two completely different ideas.

These beliefs of mine were formed, from reading some books such as, “Do Hard Things,” by Alex & Brett Harris. Also, just first hand experiences.

In a nutshell, with all of these separate ideas, they all come together saying one simple thing: “The people in America need to stand up against what the nation is becoming, a lazy, complacent nation that is independent from God.”