Enjoy The Ride

Patrick - Redford, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

Enjoy the Ride

I like not knowing what is next. It makes our lives more interesting knowing that really, not much is in your control. We go to sleep assuming that we will wake up in the morning; that the sun will rise the next day, that some catastrophe will not take place during our dreams.

Not knowing what is next allows me to fully enjoy every single day, knowing that tomorrow may not come at all. However, I also enjoy the fact that we don’t know everything because it keeps us searching for more answers. Everyday we strive to learn more about ourselves, the world around us, and beyond. The questions that seemingly have no answers are continually pondered.

Where did this whole “life” thing start? What happens to those that pass away? I don’t believe these questions have been answered yet. I don’t believe that there is an all powerful god that brought life to this planet, nor anywhere else. I understand that religion is all about faith in something that cannot be physically proven, but this just doesn’t fly with me.

I most definitely could be wrong. Maybe there is a god whom is responsible for everything in this world around us. There is no proof against the existence of such a god. I just think that believing in a god leaves too many questions fully unanswered. The answers that are offered through faith are too ‘convenient’ in my opinion. Humans have discovered the mechanisms that drive life, the physical world around us and in space. It seems crazy to me to put so much trust into something that cannot be proven.

Until we as a people really know the answers to any of life’s mysteries we should just enjoy the hell out of the one we’ve got. I’m not really sure that we will ever know for sure, but this always leaves us searching for a better explanation. Like I said, I enjoy not knowing what is next… It makes every moment of the present seem richer. Everyday that we wake up brings forth more opportunity for us to strive towards those answers. While we are on the way to those answers, I say enjoy the ride.