I Believe in Happy Endings

Jenaya - La Mesa, California
Themes: hope, purpose

I believe that to every story, there is a happy ending. To me life is full of the unexpected. No one ever knows what is going to happen next. There are a series of fortunate as well as unfortunate event that cannot be predicted. All that they can do is taken one step at a time. Magic Johnson once said “Just when everything’s going fine… Bam it hits you.” I believe that through it all, no matter what kind of situation a person is being put through, life gets better, it has to get better. As a child growing up I would always love reading and hearing of stories with happy endings. Take Cinderella for instance, a girl misunderstood for almost all of her life meets the prince and falls medley in love, leaving her dysfunctional lifestyle behind for something she’d never imagined, peace and happiness.

“Trouble aint gon be here everyday, Even though sometimes it seem like it won’t go away. After you’ve done all that you know how just to keep from breaking down. Just believe its going to get much better after a while” (Trouble Aint song by Mary Mary). I believe every single last one of these words from this song. Everything we as human beings experience through out life will always lead to something better.

A couple months ago my grandfather found out he had Prostate Cancer. This tragic news has left my family feeling distraught. Our family has a history of good health so this obviously came as a shocker to us. To make matters even worse, last week we got a call saying he only has two more years to live. Imagine having a time limit on life. How are you suppose to live your last moments? Although my grandpa life’s expectancy has become drastically cut in half, I still believe that everything happens for a reason and in the end happiness will come.

Trials and tribulations are apart of our everyday life they are a test our strength. Everywhere all over the United States, Americans are being affected by this horrible economic crisis. People are getting fired from there jobs left and right. Everyone is struggling; times are hard. But I believe that it is impossible for us to go any lower than we already are. Sooner than later we will be back up on our feet. Free from these hardship lifestyles we have been forced to become far too familiar with. I believe that in the end, we will have a happy ending no matter where we’ve came from. We got to keep the faith and we have to believe.