America has fallen from her moral values.

Denise - Whitesburg, Kentucky

America has fallen from the once strong values that she was built upon.

I believe that America has fallen from the once strong values that she was built upon. The values that America was built upon has fallen by the wayside and been replaced with lawyers who continually challenge “rights” and “freedoms” as a senseless contribution to society. The words, “In God We Trust,” have become offensive words, instead of the words that once lead America through hundreds of years of success and growth.

I believe that America has fallen from her once high moral standards. It was once against the law to take the life of an unborn child, but America has allowed its occupants to kill unborn children when one decides she is not quite ready for this grand responsibility. It was once wrong to steal from your neighbor, now it is acceptable pending that drugs or alcohol was responsible for ones actions. It was once wrong to have sexual relations before marriage! Now we give teenagers condoms in school and tell them to practice safe sex! It was once considered an unlawful act to burn the American flag, now we can burn as many as we wish pending the smoke does not enter our neighbor’s window. The Ten Commandments was once considered values for citizens to follow. Now these same commandments are offensive, and unwanted in public buildings. We do not think it is politically correct to place such rules in public buildings because they may offend those who do not believe in “God”.

I believe that America has fallen from her once virtuous values. In America today it is more important to save the bald eagle, than to save the live of an unborn baby. It is more important to send thieves to alcoholics anonymous and require taxpayer money to foot the bill, than it is to send them to jail for their crimes. It is more important to teach children to practice safe sex, than to teach them that restraint is acceptable. It is okay to remove the Ten Commandments from government buildings, than it is to leave them and hope some soul sees that stealing is wrong.

I believe that the principles that were once a common source of our every day cultures are now considered offensive and hurtful to many. I believe that our fore fathers had the right idea when they developed the constitution of the United States, however, I do not believe in their wildest dreams they intended to turn America from her values with the simple word “freedom”. I believe we will see America fall due to her turning away from God.