Contemplation

Sara - canton, Michigan

I believe confusion and doubt are the reasons that there is bad in the world. No one can ever be evil just confused in different ways. If there is no confusion or doubt there is no strife. Everyone has his or her own weakness and it always has a root of doubt or confusion because if someone hurts someone else or them it’s from fear and fear stems from doubt. If someone is so “evil” they do incredible things and harm others and cannot find what they did as wrong it is only because they are confused. If a person is confident in themselves and how others think of them they will not turn to violence unless there is a lot of confusion in their life and they are afraid. There will always be doubt and confusion, which is ok unless it affects a person’s mind and plagues their life.

I believe in a life that is not the current existence and that no one, no priest, preacher, or leader can possibly know the truth if there is a for sure afterlife or what is entails. I realized over-contemplation only leads to stress and produces no results. I tried contemplating the afterlife and existence as a whole first to the catholic beliefs, but it had its flaws. Then I tried through many other religions, all with their flaws. Then I realized what I believe as the truth. No one will ever know unless they clear their mind to the point of no confusion, no doubt, no fears, and no stress. If this happens they will be able to understand any mysteries of the world. Without beliefs and wonders there would be no point in life, but there must be a balance.

The best things in life may be free by not costing money, but the best things in life take everything and every effort you have to attain. Karma exists whether we see it or not. If a person causes conflict that harms another, harmful conflict will reach them unless they turn around their actions. If you know something is right then it is, but if there is the slightest doubt you may be wrong. No matter how hard someone tries to convince them self that what they feel is not right, they can never completely hide the basic truths in their mind. The only positive truth is at the core of our minds, the truth that can never go away, conscience. People always know, at some level, no matter how suppressed it is, if what they have done in their life was good or bad, they do not need a set of laws or commandments to decide it. All life eventually ends with a clear mind, clear of uncertainties, and a clear conscience.