Can’t Stop Me

Candace - St.Louis, Missouri

Does having a baby young mess up the life in which you might want to live? My answer to that question is, “No”. Not many people believe this but I do. Many teenage girls didn’t plan to have a child at an early age, but, in many cases it helps them to realize that it’s not all about them anymore. It helps tem to know how to take care of their responsibility. I know it helped me.

This belief came along when I was fourteen years old and I found out that i was pregnant. My reaction to the news was I didn’t want this to happen right now, I still have a lot of things to accomplish in m life. Having a child this young is going to throw off everything. I wanted to go to college, have my own house, and basically have my life in order before i was even thingking about having a child.

After i realized that this was a big responsibility that i hadto take on, I just knew I had to get ready for it. I can’t say that i was ready, but i knew that i had to provide a good life for this gift from God that I was about to bring into this world. Right there and then is when i decided that i was going to do everything that I had to do in order for this child to have the necessary love that a kid needs. I said to myself that I was still going to go to college so I can show my child that just because you have a baby young doesn’t necessarily mean that you can’t accomplish your goals.

Well look at me now. I graduated for high school and I am in my second semester at Forest Park Community College. My son Jeremiah is now five years old, is doing well, and can see that I love him very much.

Having a baby young doesn’t necessary mean that it is going to throw off what you want to accomplish in tour life. So if you don’t believe it then just take a look at me and know that if I did it than you can too.