Miracles Happen

catherine - lamar, Colorado

I normally don’t believe in miracles because I’ve never had a miracle happen for me. That was until a year ago my cousin was rushed to Colorado Springs because he was in a coma we didn’t think he was going to pull through. When we got the call that Friday night at 5:30 the doctors told us that he was not going to make it through the night. So we rushed up there to spend the last night with him when we arrive the doctor came in and told us that there going to have to take him into surgery because they are going to have to remove the fluid from his brain. When they told us about the surgery they mentioned that there was a 50-50 chance he could and would pull through. My family and I were losing faith after that but we knew we couldn’t give up. That there was only one more thing we could do and that was we had to hope for a miracle. We all sat in the waiting room patiently waiting for the news. Not a single sound just whimpering. The doctor comes in and announces that he is still in a coma but they got the fluid off of his brain and to give it a couple days for him to recover.

We were able to go back and see him. The sight of him was upsetting. He laid there still as a rock and his head was shaved; It had a yellowish spot on one side. I couldn’t look at him without crying my eyes out. A couple days had past and there was no sign of recovery until one day his dad came to visit him, he hasn’t seen his dad in years so it was a surprising moment. He walked into the room he seen my cousin laying there. So he walked up and grabbed my cousin’s hand my cousin nudged a bit and tried to grab his hand back. His dad began to talk to him and he began to try and open his eyes but couldn’t.

A week later we all went home and his dad stayed with him. A few days passed. We got a phone call saying that he has opened his eyes and began talking again. We were all very please to hear that good news. It has been a year now and he’s doing better. After that day I thank God for giving my family and I a miracle.

Hoping for a miracle that day saved my cousin from losing his life. Today miracles have shaped my life, in ways I’m not even sure of. I believe that another miracle will happen for me in the future because life always comes with challenges that you’ll began to lose faith and hope in yourself and everything you do. I know most people think that miracles only happen for certain people. But that is not true miracles happen daily we just don’t realize it.