Live Life

Shelley - Prophetstown, Illinois

Live Life

My friends are the most generous, loving, and adventurous people that I know. I believe that having special people in my life can make my life more exciting and worthwhile. If there is anything I have learned in the twenty-five years I’ve been living, it’s that friends come and go but good friends come and stay. Spending time with the people in my life that make me laugh, smile, and sometimes cry, can make my problems minor.

About a year ago one of my close friends Danny got engaged with this unique, fun-loving girl next door type. It was nice to see him excited about living his life with this beautiful girl, Cecelia. Unfortunately with relationships there can be arguments. One night they got into an argument and Cecelia thought he was breaking it off with her, when he wasn’t. She was devastated, confused. Cecelia hung herself that night and Danny has blamed himself ever since. Regardless, I was around him a lot during this time of pain. In a way these accidents have brought us closer than before.

My mother is my best friend and she has taught me, that I need to take the good with the bad and not to dwell on the past. I have to learn from my mistakes and move on hoping the next time I face an issue I will know better and make better decisions. My mom had a full bred German Sheppard named Casey Jo. Around December of last year Casey died of a heart attack. The first week after that, all we did was cry and share stories. At the time I didn’t know it but I was consoling myself as well as my mom. I think that my dog passing away was kind of a sign to spend as much time as I can get with my mom as possible. She has definitely taught me some valuable life lessons.

Just being able to go out with my friends and have a relaxing time listening to music, watching movies, or sometimes experiencing new things make me feel like I have the greatest friends in the world. Some days just driving to a new place is an adventure all by itself. I have gained some intellect on bad situations…things could be a while lot worse. I thank God I have good friends who care about me enough to make my life a little easier.

I know that throughout my life I will meet new people and travel to new places, I just hope I have some of my good friends next to me. If they are near it might soften the blow when I trip. My mother made me and my friends sculpted me into the caring and loving person I am today, for that I am indebted. For all these reasons and more I will never forget the people that love me and want me to lead a fulfilling life.