I believe in Music

Laurie - Springs, Colorado

Someone once told me that music comes from your heart and only those who believe that can hear it. There are many different types of music, all of which have different purposes. When im in a good mood I like to listen to something with a fast beat. When I’m sad I like to listen to slow, sad, music. Music is an art of pleasant natural sounds. When life is rough or you just need a boost listen to music. I believe music is and escape from everyday life.

I listen to a variety of different types of music. I listen to Hip-Hop, Rap, R&B, Reggae, and jazz. Music can alter a personality and even change a person. A few months ago I felt like my friends were trying to be distant from me and act like they had better things to do then talk to me. One day after school I came home and I listened to Beyonce a song called “Me, Myself, And I,” and I wasn’t worried anymore. Listening to that song took my worries away and took me to a different place.

Without music in my life I would be a different person. Listening to a certain kind of song you feel like you’re in the song and that you’re a part of it. When not in a good mood you listen to a song or plug your I-pod in. If you were to listen to a really sad song it could put you in a sad and horrible mood. I believe that no matter what kind of mood your in music can change that.

I’ve had a few experiences where music has been able to take me out of where I stand. And I know that if anyone else was feeling that I was then music could help. I believe music in your life will change the way you look at life. Music is the soul to every life and without music life would be boring. Music can alter a mood and or break a mood but music is always there when you need it. Music can be used in many different ways. Music can be used in joyous moments, or in grieving moments, or even in the funniest kinds of moments. Music is an escape from everyday life.