The Wonders of Music

Micheal - Colorado Springs, Colorado

I believe we all should take some time out of our busy days to listen to music. Music is a way for all people to calm or put themselves at peace, whether they do this by listening to rap, rock, classical, country, etc. I am a high school student at Liberty High School in Colorado Springs and whenever I get stressed out about an up coming event, test, or even just stressed about my upcoming college life I know that I can turn my ipod on, go to Grateful Dead and jam all my worries away.

The greatest reggae artist, Bob Marley, thought that if everyone would just turn on his music and listen, that all the violence, racism, and hate would stop and the world would turn to peace. I think that the man was on to something with this idea. I know that when I am at the peak of my stress, to where I am about to punch a hole through my wall in my room, I can turn my music up all the way and let Bob play his music to me, and foe the time-being all my worries go away and I have a peace of mind.

For this last Christmas, my mom got her first mp3 player and fell in love with the thing. Every morning when she is getting ready for her work day by doing her face she will always have those headphones in just jamming all her worries away. Ever since she got that thing as a gift it seems like she is always in a good mood. Before Christmas she used to come home from work being in a stressed out mood and make us feel bad that she had the bad day, but now I can come home to her jamming out and in a completely happy mood almost ninety-nine percent of the time.

Music is a way that we as humans can cope with our stress and emotional pain. If we would all just stop what we are doing for a total of thirty minuets a day, I believe that the world would be a better place to live.