Life of Happiness

Sean - Colorado Springs, Colorado

Believe in Happiness

I don’t live in a huge house. I don’t own a fancy car. I do not have enough money to buy anything extra. And I could not be happier, because I am loved, I have friends, I can do anything I set my mind to, and I love what I do in life and I would not change a thing.

You do not need money to be happy. All money does is give you a quick high but it goes away as soon as your money runs out. If you have legitimate happiness that you have earned from hard work or the friendships you have created over the years, then you have what no rich man can ever achieve, true joy. I believe that as long as you are doing what you enjoy, money does not matter.

I believe it is better to die happy and poor than to have all the money in the world but live your life in misery. If I was a poor, homeless man who lived on the streets and begged for food, but I loved to paint and did it every chance I got because it is what I loved to do, would I be happy? If I was the richest man on the planet, had every car I have ever dreamed of, and lived in a house bigger then I could image, I would not be happy by my possessions, for the feeling would be an inflated happiness that would not last; I would probably become obsessed with my belongings and would choose them over my friends, because they could never provide me with as much “happiness” as my things did. I would die alone. I would choose to be the homeless man painting on the streets corner any day.

Money makes a person worse of in the long run. If a man holds the winning ticket to the jackpot lottery, he would be overwhelmed with joy. But this money would consume him; he would start to buy all these things he could not before the lottery: a bigger house, a brand new sports car, and a giant swimming pool. And once the money ran out, this man would feel like he made a very wise decision. Then he has to start paying all the bills on these things he could only afford when he was rich. He would be forced to sell everything he made just to afford to live again, and would wind up being poorer then when he started. The money would put him in a worse position then ever. So if the same man, decided to make an honest living, worked hard, enjoyed his life, and bought what he could afford, he would live a happy life, with the only money he had.

I believe I would much rather die poor, homeless and happy, then live a life of money but be miserable for my life