Loss of happiness

C - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe that taking life too seriously makes a person miss out on every thing that is important. Everyone, at one time or another, wants to just drop every thing and have a good time. But somewhere along their journey through life, they forget that having fun can mean more than work and going through daily rituals. When this happens to a person, when there is no importance to the weekend, having friends, or just relaxing then that person does not realize their loss of value for time. When my friends graduated from high school there seemed to be a dark cloud ahead of me. I would no longer see everyone who I was close friends with on a daily basis and almost never on the weekends. Everyone told me that senior year of high school was a lot of fun, but I only focused on the hard work that was set ahead of me in academics.

I finally gave up upon waiting for fun and freedom to find me. I was determined not to let my final year of high school become nothing more that a boring version of the past three years. I went out and found my own fun; I called up old friends, drove all over to see them and just enjoyed what was once given to me. I could never seem to believe that I would be the person who would answer, staying in by myself, when asked what I was up to on a Saturday night. I don’t think that many people realize what they have turned into until they take a look at themselves and realize that it is too late to take time out to enjoy life. At one time every person was a child and no matter how their childhood is remembered all people knew that having fun and enjoying every day should come first. Our time and days are numbered. All people should enjoy every chance that they get, take every true opportunity, and love what they do.

I decided not to let myself become something that seemed meaningless to me. I started to feel happier; I looked forward to the weekends and the end of every school day. That’s when I knew that I was enjoying life. Live with out regret. Only when people realize that tomorrow might not always be there in life and that they are making everyone of their days count, then and only then can a person truly find happiness. Work hard and play even harder. This is what I believe.