everything happens for a reason

Averie - Roanoke, Virginia
Themes: setbacks

When i was younger i didn’t understand why this horible stuff always had to happen to me. I was always the one to get made fun of, and me and my friends where not the first ones to get picked in kickball. Ever since i could rember my dad and my mom never got along that well, but when i was five one of the biggest years of my life something happened… He left.

I wondered where my dad was for a while and then i got my answer. On the first day of school in kindergarden i saw him, he was standing in his fast food uniform. But all that mattered to me was that my dad was there for me and so was my mom.

As i got older i started seeing my dad more and more, but one day i met Laura. The woman that changed my life forever. I rember the first time i ever saw her, i asked her to tie my shoe. Of corse i was about six or seven but at that time i didnt know her as my dads girlfriend i knew her as my friend.

A few years passed by and they got married, i was there flower girl and that was the happiest day of my seven year old life. As i got older i relized that she was always there for me evern when everyone else wasnt, it might have been becuse they didnt wanna listen to me or might have been becuse they just didnt understand. But it seemed everytime i fell she was there to pick me back up.

When i was eleven i relized she was getting sick alot, she finally when to the doctor and we relized she was three months pregnet! i was so exited that i did everything i could to be involved in my stepmoms pregnecy. Then after what seemend to be six long months it happend. She was here, my beautiful baby sister.

Taylor, she is the best thing that had ever happened to me. And almost two years later we found out she was pregnet again, and my real mother had just had a baby too, Alana came to me just like little Taylor did.

And now i think back about how i was a young girl who missed my dad and grew up to be a young lady with the best sisters ever and i owe it all to my hero, my gaurden angle, my stepmom Laura. And thats why i belive everything happenes for a reason whether you like it or not it all turns out ok.