Lois - coolidge, Arizona

God performed a miracle in my life. This I believe

On august 16TH 2006 as I was preparing to get down on the floor to watch a movie , I slipped and hit the floor, I thought I had knocked the wind out of me it took so long to catch my breath, I knew something else was wrong.

I felt this tingling in my body it started from my neck, went though out my whole body. I called for my son who had already gone to bed, as I was having trouble breathing, he did not hear me the first time I called him so I call him louder the second time and he heard me he, came into the living room where I was, I told him I had falling and could not move. I told my son to call 911. He called I heard him tell the 911 operator. My mother has fallen and she can’t move, and she thinks she may be paralyzed. The paramedics came did a test on the bottom of my feet and ask me if I could feel what they wear doing to my feet? I could not feel anything. They airlifted me to St. Joseph’s hospital, In Phoenix Arizona. I arrived at St. Joseph hospital and went straight into the MRI. As they put me in this big machine I panicked, (I am claustrophobic). I pleaded with the doctor to take me out and I will close my eyes and then you can put me back in and keep them closed until you tell me to open them again. He took me out and that’s the last thing I remembered until the next day. I was awakened by the movement of my arms. The thing I remembered was I could not move at all, I was glad to at least have the movement of my arms, I told God thank you, at least I can move my arms, God said “move your legs”, and they also moved , as the doctor who had performed the surgery walked in he said “your moving”? he frightened me the way he said it, I told him I woke up and my arms were already moving on their own. He said “someone up stairs must really love you”, I told him that someone is God and he loves me. He the doctor had given me a ten percent chance to walk again after therapy, he explained to me that I had broken my number 4disc in my neck and it had pushed onto my spine moving my spinal card out of its place and the disc was stuck, and he had to remove it. He told me when he saw the damage to the spin he started not to operate on me because he thought the damage was already done . He infused my number 3 disc and number 5 together , and it’s held in place with a plate and some screws in my neck, this will have to stay in my neck the rest of my life, in order for me to continue to walk. I stayed in a rehabilitation center for 4 weeks, I wore a neck brace for 5 months, they had to teach me to walk, dress and take care of myself. After my 4 weeks of therapy was finished I went home with the use of a walker. The doctor gave me a ten percent chance to walk again but my God whom I prayed to and trusted to take care of me healed me , one hundred percent……. and told me to walk. This indeed is a miracle…..