Unconditional Love

Araceli - Casa Grande, Arizona
Themes: love

My belief story is unconditional love because even though I and my parents get mad there were always there with me supporting me throughout my illness. I didn’t know I had gall bladder stones until I had my last surgery. The doctors explain to my mom that gall bladder stones can occur ones in million to a young person than an old person. It could also occur at any age and there are many always to get gall bladder stones. The doctor told my parents that my progress was going to take longer because I was in a so bad condition.

When I was 15 years old and 5 months I had gall bladder stones and my parents were always there with me. I was in the hospital for 2 months and 12 days in the Banner Desert Samaritan hospital in Mesa. On first day my dad took me to the Casa Grande Regional hospital it was February 3, 2004. He first went to check me in and the nurse took me and my dad to my room. Then the doctor walked in and he introduced himself to me and to my dad. Afterwards the nurse walked in with a tube and she said I need to put it throw your nose so you can drain out the yellowish stuff that you been throwing up. When the nurse was putting the tube down my nose which was painful and it felt extremely uncomfortable. The doctor walked in than told my dad that he was going to conduct an exploratory surgery on me and that he had to perform the surgery immediately.

The following morning when the doctor walked in he explained to my parents and told them that the hospital couldn’t do anything else for me. He told my parents that he was going to look for a hospital that had all the special needs that my illness demanded. When the doctor found the hospital for me he told my parents that they needed to leave right away to the Banner Desert Samaritan hospital in Mesa. The Casa Grande Regional hospital flew me over in a helicopter to the Banner Desert Samaritan hospital in Mesa. When I awoke up I was in the intensive care for children and then I saw my parents crying due to the fact that I was hooked to machine after machine. The machines never stopped beeping and my mom was scare w hen my breathing went down. In every few minutes the nurse went to check on me. As the weeks passed and the medicals doctors and staff saw my health improve drastically then the decision was made that I was well enough to be moved to a regular room.

Mostly every day the doctor ordered an exam for me so the doctor could see what my problem and how he could treat it. I had 4 surgeries done while I was in the Banner Desert Samaritan hospital. The second surgery was in March. That surgery the doctor made me open my mouth so he could put a small tube through my stomach and my small intestine. He said that it would be much easier to drain out that gallon of yellowish stuff I had in my stomach. Then in a few days the doctor ordered yet another exam to see if I didn’t have any more of that yellowish stuff. Then he saw that all the yellowish stuff was gone and he told my parents that he had to pull out that tube of my stomach.

In April 1, 2004 I had my last surgery in this surgery the doctor removed my gull bladder stones. This last surgery I had the doctors took hours to operate me the doctors took about three hours to remove my gall bladder. The doctor came out and told my mom that the surgery went well and he told my mother that I was in the recovery room. Then the nurses took me to my room and the nurses told my mom that I was doing well. When I was already in the room my mom was thinking about what to eat because hadn’t eaten all day. My mom just happened to turn towards me and saw my whole body shake in the most unnatural way and then called the nurses immediately.

As soon the nurse came to examine my now critical condition she than called the doctor that had performed the surgery. The doctor told the nurse to put a bottle of plasma in me while they conducted a test on my blood. The doctor told the nurse to send me to the intensive care because I was in a bad condition. Then doctor came in with my blood type and he told the nurses to put the blood in me. My mom asked how long it would take for me to be better and when would I is out of the intensive care room. It only took me a few days to recover and then the doctor sent me back to a regular room again. After the doctor saw I was doing much better the doctor said that I will be leaving the hospital soon. The doctor let me out of the hospital on April 12, 2004 on my mom’s birthday.

So my believe story about unconditional love is that my parents were always there with me to take comfort me when I was very ill. I was only 15 years old and 5 months when I was hospitalized for 2 months and 12 days. I went into the hospital on February 3, 2004 and I got out of the hospital on April 12, 2004. During those days when I was hospitalized were very long days for me. Now I can see how much my parents love me because there were always there with me when I was very ill. So after all I went through now I know why God gave me another opportunity to live to be with both my parents and family that were by my side through the darkest days in my life and to make my presence count to make them know that I am forever in debt to them and the doctors and medical staff that if not for their efforts I wouldn’t be writing this essay today. Those are my opinions on unconditional love, people who are by your side no matter what the circumstances are.