Things Happened For a Reason

Lilia - Casa Grande, Arizona

I have always believed that things happened for a reason.

Almost a week ago my friend named, Isabel and I were in our algebra class which was not so exciting what so ever. So we started talking and I was telling her that I wanted to get my nails done. However, I didn’t know to which nail salon to go to. She then suggested for me to go get my nails done at a nail salon named Sexy Nails. She said that they did a good job doing nails and that I should go. She said that she got hers there and that she liked them.

So then my sister and I decided to go get our nails done and I asked her if she wanted to go to that particular nail salon. She said sure and so we went. When we got there it took a while for the nail technician to get started with us because he had several clients ahead of us. Also, he was the only one working that night. By seeing all the clients he had I was impressed because that meant he did nice nails and people where going back to him. Also, as his clients were leaving they were making another appointment to go back for another service. Therefore, I knew my sister and I were in good hands.

Then the technician was done with the last person before us. Afterwards the nail technician started with my sister first and was asking us where we work. When he asked me I said, “I work in Aeropostale, but I want to work in a salon because I just obtained my cosmetology license.”

Then he asked, “Are you also licensed in nail technician?”

I answered, “Yes I am because the cosmetology license also certifies me as a nail technician.”

Then he asked me “Would you like to be trained more as a nail technician and work here?”

I responded quickly, “I would definitely think about it because it was a great job opportunity.”

He said, “Great, and the training would be free. Because no one will train you for free now days.”

I then asked him, “How many hours would I work? Since I go to college during the day throughout the whole week?”

He responded, “We can work around your class times. You can work, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings.”

I said, “Perfect! That is good times and dates.”

He was also telling me that it was a good place to start my career because there are not too many places that give you free training. Also, that they don’t like to hire people with no experience that just graduated from cosmetology. All what he was saying was true. Therefore, I would go for it and I hope to become a good nail technician. A technician has to be patient, creative, and have a steady hand to do an excellent job.

He also mentioned that the most of the nail technicians here in Casa Grande are Vietnamese; therefore, they don’t like to hire other nationalities for example Mexican people. He added that he didn’t want to be that way because he likes to interact with diverse nationalities. He explained that he didn’t want to limit the diverse people he could meet through work.

I was shocked that I went to that nail place to get my nails done because a friend of mine recommended the place to me and I ended up with a job offer. I have decided to take the job offered I have been given because it is a great opportunity to start off my cosmetology career in nail technician.

This story is not the only reason on why I believe things happened for a reason. There are many others that I have; however this is the most recent one. I have always looked on the positive side of the effect.

That’s why I think things happened for a reason.