i believe god has a day for everyone

Cameron - Lemon Grove, California
Themes: death

Death is a horrible event in a person’s life. It not only affects the dead but it also affects their family and friends. Some say death takes you to a better place, a place where nothing can go wrong. A place where you unite with the person who chose your death; heaven.

This past month I learned that a friend of mine was shot and killed right down the street from his own house. He was with another friend of mine who was also shot, but lived. Four shots were fired that night. My friend who died was shot only once, but died on the way to the hospital due to severe blood loss. What hit me the hardest though was earlier that day, he was awarded his diploma from college. He worked hard for four years at San Diego State University to earn this life changing accomplishment and was only able to enjoy it for a couple of hours. He and a friend went out that night to celebrate what he had just finished, went down the street from their homes and were shot. It was all over nothing, all because of the way they dressed, the shooter thought they were both from a neighboring gang. They pulled out a gun and popped off four rounds, two hit their target. An event that I will never forget for as long as I am alive. God planned for this to happen this way. I believe god laid his wrath upon my friend because he had successfully completed what god had set out for him to do, earn his four-year degree. Death is such a sad part of the cycle of life. However, it is something all of us must go through one day. All we can do is look at the days we do have as a present. So that is why we call it the present, each day we are alive is a present and we should take this present and use it to the best of our abilities.

I believe god has a day for everyone to depart from earth. He chooses when and how you die for a reason. When people come close to their meeting with death but not experience it, I believe it just was not their day to pass on and god still has something out there for you to complete in your lifetime. God has a day specifically planned for you to come up and join him inside the pearly gates of heaven. This is when he is finally able to witness his own creations face to face. (451 words)