Dealing with Life

Alexis - San Diego, California

There will always be something to bring you down when everything is going fine. I find this happening to me quite often. Living life each day and wondering what problem I will face next. I know that once I allow for my life to be as great as I want it to be, moments after that will all change.

I have always believed in following my heart. The problem with that is it never has a happy ending. I trusted him to be all things no one else could. Making me feel like he was my night and I was the damsel in distress. Trust is one of the things that I cherish most, and I finally have someone to share it with. Since he knew my fear was getting my heart broken, he would constantly tell me how he would never hurt me, and me being so naïve, I believed him.

I can still remember each detail of that day perfectly, the day I faced my biggest disappointment. How the wind blew with so much intensity, and nothing was motionless. Everything seemed as it should be. There was no doubt in my mind the connection that we shared. We would talk everyday, so when I had not heard from in a while I decided to call. First call there was no answer, it left me worried and confused. So many thoughts crossed my mind but I wouldn’t be certain unless I called again. As the phone rang-once, twice- my hearted beat faster. When I was finally about to hang up, there was an answer. It was a girl and for an instant everything stopped. I realized that he had found someone else. The thing that I thought was pure and true was all a lie. My greatest fear became my reality.

I have felt and been given many struggles. I see the happiness I want to have but what seems to get in the way is more worries. As I allow myself to grow and become a better person there is always something that gets in the way. I find myself happy with what life has given me, and use it to better my abilities and who I am. I believe that life is full of disappointments, you just need to know how to deal with them.