Can’t Expect Respect from Everyone

Tenaya - 90804, California
Themes: respect

I believe in respect. What is respect? Respect can be a lot of things like I respect her household or I respect him as he his no matter what. In this world now days everybody wants respect from someone in their life. When you are younger your parents teach you how to respect your elders and everybody. Your parents teach you if you want respect you have to give it and you will get it.

In my situation I gave my teacher respect but she didn’t give me any respect. I was in the sixth grade and my school was called Curtis Middle School. I remember when I used to raise my hand in class and the teacher would just look at me and go to the next person. She treated me like I wasn’t even a person she treated me real bad. Man I use to go home feeling bad telling my mom what can I do for she can stop treating me bad and treating me like the other kids in class. I use to get kicked out of the class for no reason.

I remember when I first got my glasses. They were square and black with clear lenses. I say about six or seven weeks one of my lenses fell out of my nice glasses, so I asked the teacher “can you help me fix my glasses,” I asked her that because she had the same type of glasses I had, except hers were circular. The crazy thing that happen she told me to go sit back down while we were doing English work and I couldn’t see it the board because it was to far away and I didn’t have my glasses.

So I went back to my seat and I raised my hand so she can do something about my situation, and she ignored me. I yelled out loud I won’t be able to do my work if I can’t see the board. She kicked me out the class with a referral, so I went o the office and had to talk to the dean. As I was talking to the dean I told him that the teacher is not treating me fair. After I told him about my situation he still had to call my mom and tell her what happen to me in class.

I already knew that I was going to get in trouble when he called my mom. So when I got home my mom was waiting there for me to talk about the problem I had in class. We talked about it and she just told me to always respect my teacher, so I got off with out getting a whooping.

Another situation that I remember from that classroom and that teacher is when I sat in some gum. At Curtis Middle School we had to wear uniform the colors was blue and white. In the classroom the top of the desk are hard wood and black chairs. Well I didn’t know that there was gum in the chair. So I asked her “is there any kind of way I can get this red gum off my pants”. She said “no and go back to your seat”. So I left out the class because I didn’t like someone gum on my pants. So I called my mom and told her how the lady is treating me.

She called the teacher and told her that I be coming home crying because of the way you been treating her. My mom start calling the dean and telling him how the teacher been treating me different than the other kids. My mom was complaining so much that she started treating me better. I remember the first time she said hi to me, I was so happy. She started picking on me to answer questions in class. I felt like she seen me as a person and not the color I am.

I learned that no matter how much respect you want, you can only get it if that person wants to give it to you. I believe that you can’t expect respect from anyone. I learned that you should never break your glasses in class. I think if you work hard on something that it will take time but you will accomplish it.