No Respect

Alicia - Casa Grande, Arizona
Themes: respect

No Respect

I believe in respect. Respect is one special thing that everyone has in their life. No matter how we act we have always been taught to respect our elders. Is one thing that we don’t use, but we do expect others to respect us. I believe that if you want respect you should first show respect in order to have the privilege to get respect back. I use this saying a lot with my family and friends “Treat other the way you want them to treat you”.

I strongly believe this because when I see my friend disrespect the teachers and I don’t like that. I feel that even though we don’t like our teachers we should still respect them they work hard and our parents taught us better to respect our elders. Another example is with my parents my sister and brother always disrespect my parents I think that is wrong because even though they can be wrong we should always respect them no matter what. People say the way we were to our parents that how our kids will be with us.

When I was fifteen I was not respectful. I was at the age where I didn’t care what anyone told me. I wanted to do whatever I want too. I never respect my brother or even my mother. When my mother told me to wash dish I would make a face and twist my lips. My lips would be like a lion when he going to get ready to get his food. I would always do it two hours later. I would do it on purpose to make my mom anger. I also did it to show her I didn’t respect her at all. When she wasn’t there I would make a mess and when she came home I acted like an angel. I would be pretending I was doing homework. When she would ask me something I would ignore her like when a monkey is playing around when you looking straight at them trying to feed him that how I was acting with my mother.

Even at school I would disrespect my teachers. I would talk during class and make my friend do as well. I would make noise all the time. You know when someone is talking and you tap your pencil to the desk and it make a sound like water dropping from the sink. Well I would do that all the time when my teachers well telling us what was our homework. I didn’t think no one deserve my respect. At school I would get up and go to the bathroom without asking permission. I would also never do my homework and make dumb excuse. The excuses most children use are my dog at my homework or even I would use this one a lot my computer crash. But we all know that there is no excuse not to do your homework. I would also talk when the teacher was talking.

Until one moments came in my life one Monday morning I was just laying down in my bed. My bed is all Tinkerbelle and its blue and green. My room is really dark in there like in the movie the dark knight. I was just their and I had a flash back I was with my mother in the kitchen and I was their disrespect her and I was thinking what would happen if she was not here with me anymore. At the moment I realize that I didn’t want people to treat me with out respect but how could they respect me if I could not even respect my own mother.

The next night I had another flashback and I was at my teachers room I knew it was hers because it always smell like fresh apple and I was the only one their and I was doing my usually thing tapping my pencil against my desk and u went like twenty years back and I was in the same room but this time it was my children there I saw that my children were acting three times worse than when I was in school. At that moment I realize that how could I expect my children to respect me and there teachers if I couldn’t even do it myself. I realize how important respect you can’t really do anything without it is. What I learn from my dreams is that even tough I didn’t wanted to respect anyone I wanted respect but I couldn’t ask for it because they would tell me that why should they if I couldn’t even give it to the people that I care for. So what I learn from my high school years is that respect would take me far and I would be a better person.

I know that we have all be taught either from our parents or even grandparents they have always tell us since we can talk that we should never disrespect anyone no matter how they treat us. They have told us that we should treat people the way you want people to treat you. Like said before always treat people with respect no matter how they don’t show respect to you. I know that sometimes its difficult to accept people they way they are but deep inside they know they should always respect your elders no matter what. In the long run you would get bless and you would get paid all the respect you given to the people who has been in your life.

You may not think that you by respecting a strange he might help you in the future and if you don’t show him respect even though you don’t know him. That strange might help you when you most need it. I know it might sound weird but it does happen. Respect is the most important tool in your life.

Respect must be your priority we have been taught this through our how life. That something I would never forget to do.