My beleif in death

Rachel - lake, Michigan
Themes: setbacks

Rachel, Lake Mi: Stories have always had a special feeling for me. Starting with my 80-year-old grandfather. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer early last winter. He was going in to the hospital and getting a biopsy. Well, when he had gone in that day they had told him that he was to sick to go under. My father had got a phone call from one of his six sisters later that day saying that he needed to come see his dad before he had passed away. So we all went down to see my grandpa. He slept most of the time. When he was awake he never opened his eyes, but he knew to whom he was talking to at all times. But I had left one day after being down at the Alma hospital all day and went to work. That night when I had gotten out of work I knew grandpa was bad but I was going back down to see him. On my way when I got to Remus, I had gotten a call from my mom to call her ASAP.

So I had called her and she had told me in a very nice way to pull over so I did. When I had pulled over my mother had told me that my grandfather had passed away a few minutes ago. That was the worst day of my life so I had to go and pick up my boyfriend, Mike, and he drove me down to Alma to see my family and grandfather one more time because I was a wreck. When I had gotten there my Aunt Connie from Spain had made it home and all of my dad’s other sisters were there except my Aunt Tina from Montana. She never made it back in time to see her father before he had passed away. That day was the worst for several of us. I wished I had never gone to work that day.

My dad was the only boy my grandfather had out of seven children. But my father was the closest to my grandpa and he took things really hard for a while and still kind of does. I really miss my grandpa and how he would always sit there and play his guitar for us around the bonfire when we went camping. One thing about my grandpa that I know my dad got from him is his fishing and hunting life my dad and my grandpa love the outdoors. Lately my father has been spending a lot of time outside in this frigid weather because I think it reminds him alot of his father. My life was full with my grandfather and now I just feel that him being gone is just too much for me to handle. I always ask myself why does all the bad things happen to my family? But I guess everyone has bad moments in his or her life, just like me.