I Believe Life Is A Game Of Super Mario

Maria - Canfield, Ohio

I believe that life is simply a game of Super Mario. I know it may sound funny but the game of Super Mario has true deep meaning. When I first sit down to begin my journey into the world of Mario, I am comfortable, happy, and ready for adventure! The first few levels of the game are not too difficult. I pass by the falling bubbles of doom and easily out run Koopa the quick, but even in the early stages of the game, there are still little things that seem to stump me. For example, at first I am nervous to jump into the large green tubes, since I do not know where they will lead. And Mario’s ability to balance on the cliffs is a little off. I will look back later on these problems and laugh at the fact that I ever had trouble over coming them, but for now they are they are the worse problems in my little world.

In my early years, my life was pretty good. Coming from a big Italian family like I do, our home was always filled with love and togetherness. My life was pretty easy going, but I had my share of little kid problems. For example I would throw a mini temper tantrum because my mom always forgot to cut the crust of my peanut butter sandwich. Now I find this problem silly, but then it was a huge tragedy.

After I get through what I like to call the “fluffy” levels of Mario, things get more difficult. The next few levels are not for the faint of heart; I have to cross lava filled oceans and swim with sharks! There are times when I felt like giving up completely, and nothing illustrates this emotion more than the level with the moving monkey bars. No matter how many times I tried to cling on to the moving monkey bars of death, I fall. But I do not give up because I know that it is not impossible and I keep telling myself I can do it, and eventually after many long hours, I succeed.

After I got through the “awkward years of middle school” and the mean, popular girls stopped putting me and my friends at the top of every geek list they made, I thought life could only get easier. But as I started my first year of high school, things got a little more difficult. There was a relationship that I had to try very hard to make work, but I never gave up no matter how many times we fought; and I’m glad I didn’t, because we are still great friends today. One of my mottos in life is to never give up on something that you truly believe in.

As I end my journey in Mario world, and save Princess Peach, I am sad that it is all over. I defeated all of the bowsers and had a lot of fun. As I enter my last years of high school, I feel a similar emotion. I am excited to start a new life next year, but sad to see it all end. And when all is said and done eventually, we all have to have a little courage and jump right into the large green tubes of life; Even if we may not know where they will lead.