Laughing Is Free Medicine

C. - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe in laughing……..a lot. Everywhere I go, I see someone laughing. Sometimes it’s just a little giggle and sometimes the laughter is so loud that nothing else can be heard. Laughing is powerful; it can change someone’s mood or make his or her day. It is a very important part of life. Without laughter, life would be boring. Laughing makes people happy. I have never met a person who doesn’t like to laugh; it’s a stress reliever. In grade school I can remember seeing my friends cry because they were embarrassed or being picked on. I always wanted to help them or make them feel better, but I didn’t always know what to do or say. However, I did know how to make them laugh. I would try to cheer them up by telling a joke or just whatever I could think of that was funny, and it usually worked.

When I laugh, I forget about everything. It doesn’t matter what else is going on in my life, I just focus on what’s funny. My brother is the best at making me laugh. I think that’s how I learned to make people laugh too. When we were younger and I was upset about something, he would always be able to put a smile on my face. I’m thankful I had him as my brother because otherwise I don’t know what I would have done. Without laughter, everything would be taken too seriously. Laughing is my favorite part of life. It helps me relax when I’m in stressful situations; it’s almost like free medicine. It’s a gift God gave us that I use everyday. When I’m really mad and someone does something funny to try and cheer me up, I try not to laugh because of how upset I am. I can’t control myself though, and I give in and laugh. Usually I forget about what I was even upset about then and it turns my whole day around.

I don’t think there is such a thing as laughing too much. I have a lot of different laughs, and I use them based on how funny or what kind of funny thing I’m laughing about. I love laughing because when I laugh I’m happy. Laughing means a lot to me, and I spend a lot of my time doing it. I don’t feel uncomfortable laughing with anyone. I think laughter brings people closer and eases tension between them.

There are many reasons I believe in laughing, and these are just a few of them. Although there are many different views about humor and laughing, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t enjoy a good joke from time to time. Laughing is a stress reliever, free medicine, and fun to do. I believe that laughing is extremely important and a necessity in life.