A Purpose

A Purpose

I believe everyone is put in this world for a reason. Life is a series of events that test your character and shape you into what God intended. This belief goes hand in hand with everything happens for a reason. If there were no purpose to life, then there would be no challenges. There would never be a long journey for the hero to get home. There would be no championship game for a legendary sports team. There would be no tragedy for people to over come. It is the people in my life who have shaped me into the person I am today. Looking back, I can find proof of this to support my belief.

I have met some very influential people so far in my life. Football coaches have pushed me to limits I thought I could never reach. Limits that show what kind of person I really am. When my team was losing in the fourth quarter of my last game, I never gave up. One of my coaches engraved in my mind that if I pushed myself I could do anything . I learned so much from the character of my coaches. They have physically and mentally made me a better person. I honestly believe they are the reason I value dedication.

The biggest influence on my life has been my father. I have witnessed him go into cardiac arrest and live through multiple heart surgeries. He has developed my belief in God. I had never gone to church on a regular basis. When my dad was being transported by air to the hospital, I prayed. I didn’t know who I was praying to, but after a few weeks when he was walking and back home, I realized someone heard me. My dad is in my life for many reasons. I will always think of him as the real reason I believe in God.

I would not be who I am today if it was not for the people that have surrounded me in my life. I strongly believe these people were put in my life for a reason. Positive and negative influences have been brought before me. I have not always chosen the correct path, but it is the people I have met who taught me lessons. They have made me stop and realize what I want out of life. I believe everyone is put in this world for a reason. Dedication and God are two things that I would not understand if I didn’t have the people in my life to convince me they are worth believing in. That is why I believe everyone is put in this world for a reason, which is to bring out the best in others.