s - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe in beauty. About a month ago, I came home after school, grabbed a snack and turned on Oprah. The episode was about spirituality, and the guest on the show was Jacqui Saburido. When Jacqui was 19, her car was hit by a drunk driver and burst into flames. Two of her friends died, but Jacqui survived. Jacqui suffered severe burns on nearly 60 percent of her body. She was severely disfigured. Jacqui was a very beautiful young woman with a gorgeous smile, but after the accident she was unrecognizable. When I saw her I cringed, I wondered how painful it would be to get the stares of strangers and how much she would hate the man that did this to her. What she said next changed my life. She told viewers that she set aside five minutes a day to cry and after that she didn’t allow herself to get upset about what happened to her. She went on to say that she is happy to be alive, and that God has blessed her. Jacqui Saburido is the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen. I never thought that someone could have so much courage to have survived such a tragedy, to have her image completely altered and still be able to say they are blessed.

The world has become a place where beauty is a blessing. In America people who are beautiful on the outside get ahead in life. A television show called True Beauty is about beautiful people who think they are being judged on their looks, but they are really being judged on their inner beauty. It’s amazing to see how people act when they think they have the best looks in America. Some of the people are self-centered, cocky, and just plain rude.

Inner beauty is what matters the most. I’ve met some very good looking people in my life but when it comes down to who will help me in a time of need, it is almost always the people who have the most inner beauty.

Inner beauty is judged on character. Beauty is person with kindness, compassion, and selflessness. You can’t win pageants with just inner beauty but it’s what people think of you that will matter. People with inner beauty leave lasting impressions that someone will remember for a lifetime. If I could choose between outer or inner beauty, I would choose inner beauty. I believe in beauty