Everything Happens For a Reason

A - Napoleon, Ohio

Everything Happens For a Reason

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes, life seems so perfect that I’m not sure how it could possibly get any better. Other times, I honestly don’t know if it could get any worse. Even through all the good and bad times, I still strongly believe that everything happens for a reason! I believe that everyone’s life has already been planned out, and we have no control over what is going to happen to us or for us. If something in my life is meant to happen, it’s going to happen. Every experience in our lives is a small piece to the puzzle. Without all the pieces, the puzzle would never be finished; similarly, without each experience our lives never complete. I believe that when times seem really bad, it is nothing more than an experience that I need to have to prepare me for other events in my life. I believe that each experience in life prepares me for what’s next.

When my parents met, they were both seniors in high school and were only 17 and 18 years old. They were the classic high school sweethearts, went to prom together and all that good stuff. Shortly into my mother’s freshmen year in college, she found out that she was pregnant with me! Obviously, that was quite a shook for her. She had to leave college to find a full-time job to support she and I. My mother and father moved in together and got married. Soon after, my brothers Andrew and Jorge were born. After being together for ten years, my parents called it quits and divorced. It was very hard for my mother to adjust. My dad was the only serious relationship she had ever had. When I got older, I asked my mother if that she thought having me ruined her plans that she once had for her future. She said that I was one of the best things that ever happened to her, and that she had me because she was meant to. She loves her life and would have never thought that she would be where she is at now. My mother thought that she would never marry again, but eventually fate changed that. She is now happily married and has two step daughters.

I strongly believe that our futures are already planned for us and that everything truly does happen for a reason. The only problem is sometimes we don’t realize it until later in life. For example, at the time of my parents’ divorce I really couldn’t find anything positive in the situation; however, looking back I realize that I learned to be more independent and responsible. This experience made me mature a lot faster than most kids, I believe that I am a stronger person because of it and will be prepared for my future.