Regrets Aren’t Worth It

M - Napoelon, Ohio
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that nobody should live life with any regrets. To me, people who live with regrets and hold grudges are not going to live a full, happy life because they will be stuck in the past. The things you do in life help you learn. Of course there are some things I would like to just re-do, but then I would never have learned from my mistakes. Even though people do something that is wrong and they want to be able to take it back, they should move on with their lives and know not to do it again. All of the time that people spend wishing they could re-do the past is the time they cannot ever get back. There is no point in worrying about something in the past that I know I cannot change. I must learn from my mistakes and move on. This affects my every-day life because I try to get over things quicker and do not let the little things that I could have done differently get to me.

Something that I did that I wish I could have done differently or just not done at all is quit gymnastics. I was in this sport for eight or nine years and quit the year before high school. The girls have gone to state several times as a high school team, and that makes me wish I could do it even more. Sometimes, I go to their gymnastics meets to watch, and I think that it could have been me out there with the other girls. When I quit, I was involved in other sports at school like cheerleading, tennis, and track. These things took up much of my time, so when I had to pick, I chose cheerleading and tennis. It was one of the hardest decisions I had to make at that time. Today, some of the girls tell me how I should have done high school gymnastics and it makes me think about how I could have changed something to make time for it. Although I really miss gymnastics and know that I could have done something different, I do not regret my decision. I have moved on and been successful in my other sports and still support the team.

Regrets are just a waste of time. They are pointless when people know that there is no possible way to go back and change the past. Although there are some things that I might think I want to change, I have to move on and forget about it. I do not think that people should live with any regrets. Regrets are not worth it.