Life is Not Always Fair

J - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: setbacks

Life is not Always Fair

I believe that life is not always fair. People go through many different things in life that they would consider unfair. One example would be my brother, Chris. When he was seven, he started to get really sick all the time and eventually ended up in the hospital. He was diagnosed with type one diabetes, which changed his life from that point on. His diabetes got in the way of his everyday life and made it difficult to be a normal, young boy. He did not deserve to be punished with this disease. Although he thought his life was unfair, he always found a way to work around it. He started playing sports, which made him happier and healthier. He learned how lucky he was just to be alive. He knew because he had diabetes, he should not take anything for granted. It seems like some of the happiest people in the world get cancer or have a terrible experience in their life. It is important to learn from those experiences and become a stronger person.

This belief also affects me in gymnastics. My coach does not always support me like she supports other gymnasts. Even if I have a really good routine, she sometimes does not notice it. I think the reason she treats me like this is because some of the other girls on my team are better than me, so she works with them more. It does not really make sense, but that is just how it is. Our high school gymnastics team competes with a nearby school, which is our biggest rival. My coach also coaches for our rival school. When we have meets together, she usually favors them and leaves us without a head coach. This makes my teammates and I work together to help each other. Since our team is small, it makes it easier to know what we need during meets, and we have become closer friends because of it.

Although life is not always fair, there are ways to overcome it. Instead of complaining about it, I need to be thankful for what I have. I have learned many things in my life from this, and I feel like I have become a stronger person. I view life differently, and I feel lucky for everything I have in life. I know that everything happens for a reason, even if it seems unfair.