Fear is Just a State of Mind

Nicole - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: fear

I have learned that fear is just a state of mind. I have never let fear overtake my mind. Yes, I believe in the supernatural and ghosts and the paranormal, but I also believe that they were put here for a reason just like I was. I have had many run-ins with the unknown. I have purposely gone to places I know are haunted for a good scare, but they never really seem to scare me. If I were to let my fears overcome me, then I would never be able to see some of the most beautiful things in this world. Most of the magnificent architectural buildings that are standing all over the world are also some of the most haunted places on earth.

I have gone and adventured through graveyards, old run down hospitals and even my great, great grandmothers’ house. When I have gone through graveyards and taken pictures, I have seen orbs. Those orbs are said to be supernatural in a form the human eye itself needs help seeing. I have seen, with my own eyes, forms of people floating in the fog above cemeteries. I have felt my skin tingle and the temperature drop fiercely walking back to cemeteries.

There is this cemetery in Evansport, Ohio that is actually on Ohio’s top haunted list. It was a decent day the weather was warm, and the night was also warm. A couple of my friends and I decided to venture there to check it out. We walked back, and as we. When we got to the cemetery, I could see our breath. A friend and I kept hearing something running back and forth through the woods, but when I flashed my light in the woods it stopped. When we left, I saw what appeared to be a footprint on the top of my car on my windshield. That was a little bit freaky, but I knew that whatever it was couldn’t hurt any of us.

I have learned that fear is just a state of mind and can be overcome even by the weakest of people. If people believe that there is a heaven or hell but don’t believe in ghosts, why is it so hard for people to believe that there is another realm to this world we are in? Heaven and hell are supposed to be part of the after life, and people have believed in the afterlife since the beginning of time. So why can’t people believe that there are people, or the forms of people, anyways stuck in between? Ghosts are said to have unfinished business and that is why they haunt. If we are so afraid of ghosts, how are they ever going to finish what they need done so they can move on to where they are supposed to be? Fear is only a fragment of the imagination it can be overcome, but it can also overcome you if you are weak enough to let it.