Curvy Road

J - Napoleon, Ohio
Themes: setbacks

Curvy Road

Life has many unexpected turns whether it is a broken leg that keeps someone from playing in the big game or a car accident that totals someone’s car. A person can never really prepare for these turns. A person can be prepared for some unexpected events by saving money for accidents, but preparing mentally is almost impossible. That is mainly because people don’t want to believe that these incidents can happen to them. A turn that I have experienced was an unexpected death of a close family friend that blindsided us all.

There can also be good unexpected turns; for example, winning the lottery or even becoming an uncle or a grandfather. When people think of an unexpected turn in life, they tend to think of the bad before the good. Good or bad, I just need to always remember to keep my head up when I come to one of these turn because there will always be turns in the road of life.

A huge turn that happened to me was when my mother was diagnosed win lung cancer. This was a complete shock to my family because she is very healthy, she exercises all the time, and she never smoked. When we found out, my whole family was crushed because we knew people who had it, but we never thought it would happen to us. Luckily, it could be taken care of, and she is doing great now. Another turn that has happened to me was when I was informed that I needed to have back surgery. I always new that I had a bad back, but I never thought that I would have to deal with this to the extent that I did. Although it’s bad to have to have the surgery, I will be better after this is all over and done with. That is the reason I need to keep my head up and stay positive.

Unexpected turns just need to be taken in stride when it comes whether bad or even great news. I need to remember I will have many turns in the road during my life, and if I let all the small ones get to me, what will I do when a big turn comes in the road. People believe that nothing can ever happen to them, especially younger society, but there is no way that people can live their whole life like that.

In conclusion, live your life in strides. Don’t fret the little problems when they arrive, but use them to help prepare yourself for life-changing events.