Hero’s at Heart

K - Napoleon, Ohio

I believe in a world where we are all heroes. Not with powers like Batman or even those of Superman. We have powers that are beyond extraordinary in comparison to real superheroes. We have the choice to be the voice and speak up about what we believe in. When someone truly believes in something and in himself or herself, no one can stand in their way. It’s our responsibility to speak up for those who can’t speak up for themselves. People have the power to love and care for others as they would care for themselves. They can be a friend or just someone to talk to. Sometimes, all people really need is somebody to talk to. These characteristics are what make us heroes.

When walking through the halls at school, there’s always the kid who doesn’t talk or sit with anyone. They have learned to seclude themselves from others so that they aren’t laughed at for their clothes or the way they look. There are people in this world who suffer from pain that they have inflicted on themselves or are struggling with day- to- day living. There are single mothers who don’t know how they’re going to feed their children one meal a day let alone three. Sometimes, people speak and act out before thinking because they were never taught how to behave. By becoming friends with children who choose to sit alone, we all can become heroes. By helping those who inflict pain on themselves, we can become a hero and possibly save a life. When we take the time to sit down and talk to some one we have never talked to or help complete strangers through their struggles, we have become a hero. By donating supplies to food pantries everywhere, we have helped those single mothers get the food and support they need. We have become a hero. When we right the wrong and teach others how to behave, we have become a hero.

Heroes are made everyday. They come in all shapes and sizes. They can be young or old. No matter their age, height, gender, or appearance, they’re helping to make the world a better place. They stand up and speak out for those who need it. Heroes can be anybody. They could be that stranger walking down the street that said hello. This kindness made the recipient happy because they were having a bad day. Their happiness traveled on throughout the day making others feel good too. It can travel all over and change the world. If I can affect one person’s life by making it better, even with a simple hello, then deep down I know that I am a hero. And this is what I believe.