I Believe Every Being and Everything Has a Purpose…

Alexis - Columbia, South Carolina

I Believe Every Being and Everything Has A Purpose…

I believe every being has a purpose. We were created with a purpose in mind, and whether or not we fulfill that purpose is dependent upon ourselves. But first, notice I said “Every being”, I chose to stay away from the word “human” because in fact, we truly can not give a precise definition of the word human. One thing for sure is that we, every being, are in fact “Being.” The key word in the word being is “be.” What we choose to be, become or believe is our choice.

Please, do not confuse the word purpose with providence. I believe God created us with great intentions, but he granted us free will. He has divine providence so therefore he knows what will happen before it happen and he knows our choices before we make them. He has a purpose for the occurrences in our lives, good or bad. A lot of people mistakenly believe what happens in our lives is supposed to happen, and we do not have any control over what does. This may be true in some cases, but not exactly. We were created with a “plan a” in mind, but sometimes we slip into “plan b”, “plan c”, “plan d” and so forth. Not knowing your purpose is the first step into seeking out your purpose, and what better way to go about doing that than to seek of whom we were created. I have heard the many different evolution stories; from monkeys to fish, to Adam and Eve, but at the end of the day, who, or should I say what, created each of them? Notice again I said what because I refuse to imagine God as some wrinkled old man. Look at the world around us. Man, cannot replicate some of the most beautiful things we see, and most of the time overlook, everyday. On that note I will move to my belief that everything has a purpose.

Have you ever studied a tree? What is the purpose of it? Is it chopping them down and making paper? Is it for the animals to inhabit? Or is it just to produce leaves that scatter across our yards to incorporate some kind of physical activity into our lives? I do not know, but I do believe a tree has a purpose. Why does it rain? Is it to replenish the oceans, rivers and seas? Is it to revive vegetation? Is it for the ground to absorb and water pumps so retrieve so that we may have a drink of water when we are thirsty? We do need water to survive don’t we? I do not know why it rains, but unlike some people, I love when it does because I know it has a purpose and comes from a source we can not re-create. I mean, who can whip up a cloud these days? Why do we need rest? Why do we sleep at night instead of during the day? Why is the sun so hot? Is it because a light bulb gets hot after a certain amount of time? Speaking of time one more thing, even though my list goes on and on, what is the purpose of time? Why does it take on average ten months before a child, or should I say, a small being, is born? Why is there twenty-four hours in a day? Why can’t my hair grow any faster? Why am I always late? Is it because my lateness has a purpose, or is it my fault? Is it because like many other things, we can not control time? I can not answer these questions, but I truly do believe every being and everything has a purpose. I believe you should stop and think about it sometimes.