Raheal - Lemon Grove, California

I believe that money can truly make you happy. Yes, there are many sides of the argument that can dispute this point, but the true fact is, money makes the world go ‘round. Put yourself into an unpredictable situation, where you have no home, no wife or husband, and five kids on your lap all whining for food. Now imagine God blessing you with the winnings of the lottery. You become overjoyed with happiness and miracles, now you have a gorgeous home that is warm and comfortable and five children with stuffed bellies. In the film Cabaret, a song is sung called “Money, Money, Money!” in this sing, it explains how without money, you cannot live, “When you go to get a word of advice from the fat little pastor, he will tell you to love evermore. But when hunger comes to rap, rat-a-tat-rap-a-tat, at the window. Who’s there? Hungry! Oh, Hungry! See how love flies out the door.” Contradicting to this point may be many readers who believe that a handful of people who are born into wealthy families are dissatisfied with their lives. The say money can’t buy you love, but love can also become stronger with this large indent in your wallet. If you look at the divorce rate for married couples, the main faults are duo to financial crisis. Many couples argue over money, how it’s spent, how much, and what are the necessities. Here is the whole in that theory, people never really look at the bright side of it, they see people as selfish, greedy creatures, which is true, but that’s beside the point. Citizens never think about the positive reinforcements of a large sum amount. People have choices, they can either make money be the issue, or they can make it the source of their happiness and well being. Now here is another issue, the religious aspects of it. I can say that I am a strong Christine believer and those of us who are believers are supposed to be believe that we do not need personal materials that are not necessary. You do not need a mansion to be happy, just enough to have a nice home and acceptable items, but it sure would burst your happy-o-meter if you did. Now I can say from personal experience that money does bring joy to people faces, my own mother works three jobs, and owns two small business. Now she is happy as can be, because with the money earned she can support her family and bring her desires to real life. Money does not necessarily buy you happiness, money puts all your hard work into something that you can use, something that can create happiness. You don’t need a mansion or boat to make you happy, but having a full belly after a meal sure can make you radiate like a child on Christmas morning, that’s what I believe.