I believe in princesses

Kinda - Hazard, Kentucky
Themes: children

I believe in princesses, Not the age-old classic fairy tale princesses.

I believe in the two to eight years old princesses who live in your community, on your block or for the most fortunate in your home.

These princesses sponsor a stimulus package on their own.

How else could pink cover that much surface?

How else could the doll housing market have dodged recession?

The magic kingdom is not all about a mouse, it caters primarily to princesses.

To help the non expert eye spot a princess, I hereby describe the most obvious telltale signs

*A princess tends to wear her latest fashion acquisition that has not previously been photographed to the very next outing. Little regard is paid to it’s appropriateness for the weather or occasion.

*When a princess decides that the time has come to disengage herself and subsequently her entourage from an activity, she usually succeeds with very little endeavor.

*She demands and often gets the same rights and privileges as her elder siblings without wasting her precious time doing any chores like they do, because “It is not fair”.

*A princess reserves the right to jump on your lap to be hugged, kissed and held whenever you are holding someone else’s baby or a younger sibling.

However, unsolicited attention, hugs and kisses will be met with the utmost indifference and are subject to approval.

*A princess’s schedule is tighter than Mr. Obama ‘s in his first ten days of presidency.

School, ballet, piano, soccer, tea party and a sleep-over are all in a day’s work for a princess!

*A true princess thinks before she speaks and frequently will say something that is so absolutely brilliant, it will be quoted for years to come by her subjects.

As parents, for these few precious years, we get to nourish self esteem and image of our beautiful little girls.

They will grow up to hold jobs and have families of their own.

They will work outside and inside the house to prove that they are tough and able to balance and create.

With the passage of time they will forget how to be princesses, but I hope they will be able to keep some of the magic.

I hope if somebody talks down to them they won’t take it, but will remember who they are.

They will remember that they are precious and that Someone loved them unconditionally and waited on them hand and foot.

The memories of a princess in the house lasts a life time and the stories last even longer.

When princesses go away to greater pursuits and we, loyal subjects are left behind we will hang on to memories With a heart full of nostalgia.

We will hold that picture, dust it a little, kiss it and look deep into it for a hint of the magic.

The luckiest of us will pick up the phone and hear their princess again saying the most brilliant things.

Because she is their princess, and in princesses I believe!