The Living Stress-Reliever

Jake - Fort Collins, Colorado

I’m a dog person. I mean I like cats but I’m allergic to them. I’ve had a dog my whole life. My dog is a living stress-reliever. You come home to see him wagging his tail and happy to see you every day. It doesn’t matter what you look like or who you are friends with. Dogs are truly man’s best friend. If more people were like this, it would improve the world so much. If no one prejudiced people and anyone could be friends with everyone. If you were greeted by people like you are greeted by my dog. The feeling of being welcomed like that is indescribable. You know you just have to feel it at least once then you’ll know it. Even when my friends come over, they are greeted just the same as me by my dog.

I just can’t imagine how great the world would be if everyone was kind and made each other feel good just like my dog. How can you have a bad day when your dog cheers you up like that?

I believe that everyone needs to be cared for or to care for someone else; even better if it’s both. Wouldn’t it just be miserable to be sick when you were a kid if your mom didn’t spoil you? I mean it’s already bad enough to be sick, but without all that hot cocoa and pillows and movies. Man I don’t know how I would stay alive. And also pets. It doesn’t matter what kind of pet it is. A dog, a cat, a lizard, a bird, even a fish. It brings out something inside you when you take care of it and keep it alive. It feels good inside to care for it (unless it dies, that kinda ruins the whole thing). When a person has a dog, they develop a relationship. You feed it, you care for it, and it brightens up your days. If everyone in the world could act like this dog. You care for your community and do whatever you can to help it, and it will back you up and help you out. Give a little joy and it will come back around to you. This I believe.