I believe in happiness

Sarah - Nashville, Tennessee

I believe in happiness. Happiness is an everyday essential. One time I was driving down town, and I saw an elderly couple holding hands. The satisfaction from inside of me came shinning through. It put a major smile on my face. I don’t know why but it made me realize we don’t need money or a million dollar house, or drive a nice car to be happy, you just need something simple. Happiness is cause by a since of peace through out your mind.

Happiness can be seen with a simple smile and can be given to lots of people. I believe everyone might have an off track day. I mean everyone does. If someone’s happiness were shared through out this world, there would be no room for depression. All the problems in this world would disappear if everyone were happy. When we see someone’s happiness, some people might think it’s caused by something money can buy, but really other people can only spread happiness. Another example of happiness is when you are around the people you love. You might not be doing anything but just sitting and talking with your best friend, but whatever you do with him or her, you know you’re spending quality time with that special person and that is true happiness.

Some say happiness can only be achieved through success. This is not true. I’ve seen homeless people walking down the street, wearing a holey jacket, and baggy clothes and right next to them was their dog. The man was smiling and petting the dog. Even though that man didn’t have a nice things, he had something much more valuable, a best friend. This was another thing that made me realize that happiness is not achieved by money.

I think that this means that you don’t need to stress happiness. It will come by itself. You don’t need to wait long to get it, it will come on its own and in its own way.