Faith

Susan - Jacksonville, Florida

I believe in faith. Faith has molded my life. Having faith in someone or something has given me the strength to help people with everyday problems. There are two different kinds of faith. One kind is faith in God, which is the one everybody knows about. The other one is faith in yourself and others. Faith in myself is what helps me to stay on task, finish school, and get up every morning and do what I need to do. Faith in others is why I have so many friends and why so many people look up to me. Many of my friends have had those days where they think the world is against them and that they can’t do anything right. I tell these friends of mine that they can do whatever they put their hearts and minds to; they can succeed just like any other person out in the world. I tell them this because I believe in the faith I have in them.

Having faith has molded my life. I have the faith that, even though this world doesn’t really believe in fairy tales, one day my prince charming will find me and sweep me off my feet and we will ride away and live happily ever after. Believing in something like that you have to have a lot of faith. Having that faith is what makes me myself. That’s the kind of faith I believe in because its what I dream about and it’s what I picture will happen one day (hopefully).

I also have faith in God. I have the faith that he is with me at every moment of my life and he helps me when I need help. These are some reasons why I believe in Faith, when God gave me the strength to be there for my brothers and sisters when my nanny was in the hospital dying, and when God helped me to stay close to a friend that was straying away from him and her family as well; when God gave me the courage to be able to teach a class full of fourth graders about him on Sunday; when God gave me the strength to lead one hundred and fifty teenagers in high school in a Junior Reserve Officers Training Corp for a whole school year. I have faith that he created man equally. I have faith that the day I die is the day I will meet God at the gates of heaven. That’s my belief in the faith that there is a God.

All the faith I have molded my life and continues to mold my life. My faith is growing as am I. Everyday I see my friends and family, my heart gets full of faith. It’s full of the faith that I am my own person and that I will help others who will need my help.