This I believe

Gabriel - Jacksonville, Florida
Themes: hope, work

Success means the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted. I believe strongly in success because if you are successful in life you can be anything you want. Everyone has dreams and goals. People should know where they’re going to be in the next fifteen to twenty years. People should do what they want to do because if you’re doing it for someone else you’re not going to be happy with your decision.

For instance, I have wanted to become a pediatrician ever since I was in eighth grade. I have been working toward this by going to high school, graduating, and receiving my diploma. Now, I’m in college working toward my A.A degree so I can transfer to University of North Florida. My dreams and goals are pretty simple in my opinion. I just have to pass all of my classes to reach my goals and get to where I want to be. The only way I know how to be what I want is to be successful in life.

In addition, when I first got to Ribault Middle School, I learned about Martin Luther King Jr., and how he had a dream for all African Americans. He had a dream so I could be what I wanted to be when I grew up and I believe in his speech and how he fought for our freedom. To make it in this world you have to believe in something that no one else will believe in. Mr. King Jr. was a successful person and he had plenty of followers who were behind him through many trials that came their way. This is something that keeps me going in life.

Finally, I want to be the best out of my four siblings. I do not want to stop where my siblings stop; I want to go further then them. For example, my brother Ameon lives in Jacksonville, Florida, but he is a merchant seaman, so he go’s back and forward on a ship every six months. My sister Courtney has four children and is working at Highlands Middle School. Amaris just got married and she is doing pretty well with her life, just a little dramatic, Yvonne stays in Oklahoma where she is in the army. They are all settling in their little lives but I want to be something huge. For instance, I could be a pediatrician that everybody would choose! This is why I chose success because without believing in yourself, who will? I want to have a better life for my children and their children. Being successful and believing that I’m going to be successful will make me a successful person. Some people take their lives for granted, but not me, because I want to be a person who children can depend on when they are in trouble or when they need help. They will need a role model in their lives.

In conclusion, setting goals and dreams is critical because if you don’t have dreams you will have nothing. If you don’t have dreams or goals, how can you be successful in life? I wish all of these things will happen in time, so there is no rush. Becoming a pediatrician has always been a dream but it can be a reality now that I’m working hard in trying to become the best out of my father children. Success is what I believe in.