Practice Makes Life Easier

Phil - Willowbrook, Illinois
Themes: work

No one achieves greatness without putting time and work into the things he or she does. In anything I do in life, if I do it repeatedly, it will become more natural and it will become like riding a bike. Whether it is learning how to walk, how to write a research paper, or driving a car, it gets easy after awhile. Even the people who are professionals had to of practice at one point because no one is born with the strengths he or she acquires later in life.

Michael Jordan is a great example of someone who made something out of almost nothing. He would practice outside where he lived everyday even though the basketball courts were not nice, but he would still make the best of it. Then when high school came along, he did not make the team freshmen year, but he kept practicing and became one of the greatest basketball players who have ever lived.

In personal experiences, I started taekwondo when I was three years old and for a long time I would just go once or twice a week just to get some exercise. Once I was ten, I wanted to go somewhere in this sport, so I started to practice four or five times a week to become better. I went on to win first in state three years in a row and I qualified for nationals. I knew that without more effort I would not do well at nationals, which lead me to sometimes practice twice in one day. With all of that practice, I won first at nationals and knew that all of time put into it was well worth it.

Practice achieves greater abilities not only physically but also mentally too. Whenever I would get home from school, I would usually find something to do and procrastinate on my homework as long as I could. I knew that this was not a good habit to get into so I started to do my homework right when I would get home so that I would not have to worry about it later in the day. At first, it was somewhat hard to do because my brain would always want to take a break off school for a while before doing any thinking, but I kept pushing myself to do it. After a couple months, it became a habit to get all of my work done when I got home that I do not even think twice about doing my homework right after school now.

By practicing, our bodies do things from muscle memory that makes anything you put your mind to easier whether it is bodily or psychologically. Without the dedication that lies within everyone, the world would not be the same place as it is now.