Gotta Catch ‘em all

Luke - Western Springs, Illinois

As a young child I would spend hours of my time on my Game Boy Color, playing the one game I knew, my most favorite game, Pokemon. I would spend hours upon end crawled up into my bed playing into the late hours of the night; then came along the imposter, the poser, the game that was mutually hated by everyone who played it, Yu-Gi-Oh.

I would take weekly trips to the comic book store and was in awe when the large selection of Pokemon cards dwindled. The store would keep the same packs of Yu-Gi-Oh cards out for months with so much dust coming to rest on them that they would nearly become invisible. Over and over I would complain how no one liked Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon was better. My complaints were ignored. I became furious. I knew what had to be done, a survey. I asked people which they liked more, Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. The results were conclusive, 23 for Pokemon to 7 for Yu-Gi-Oh.

The facts are simple. Which character is cooler, Charizard or Blue-Eyes White Dragon? Charizard. Pocket Monsters or Capsule Monsters? Pocket Monsters. The monstrosity called Yu-Gi-Oh is much harder to pick up and follow along than that of the magnificent Pokemon. The game play for Yu-Gi-Oh is more confusing and complicated. More people play Pokemon making the card trading and online game play more fun and exhilarating. The largest, most overwhelming fact is that Pokemon came first, making the masterminds behind the game more intelligent and experienced. Yu-Gi-Oh is a rip off of Pokemon, that much is certain. The number of Pokemon created far surpasses the number of Yu-Gi-Oh characters made. The number of games and cards leans also to the favor of Pokemon.

That is why what I believe is this, Pokemon is better than Yu-Gi-Oh in every way. I implore you to interview a group of people and come back to me with results that they felt the better game is Yu-Gi-Oh. For someone to say that Yu-Gi-Oh is better and more entertaining than Pokemon is blasphemy and should be punishable by law.