I BELIEVE THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A ROLE MODEL IN THEIR LIFE

Pedro - Holyoke, Massachusetts
Themes: respect

I believe that there are a lot of role models in the world. Some are bad and some are good. I believe that everyone should be a good role model for children. If you do that children would grow up to be respectful, good, and become successful in life. They would be very happy when they grow up.

When I was working at the Boys and Girls Club I use to be a coach for children. Some of them didn’t want to work in teams but I told them by working in teams they will become better. I used to coach them on how to play basketball. I taught them how to do more things together such as passing, blocking each other, and protecting each other. They were very happy when they got use to being able to play in teams.

The kids were playing great until they played with other teams. They started to argue and fight but I taught them how to stop that too. I told them to stop the arguing and fighting because by doing that they wouldn’t be able to achieve anything. We all got together in a team meeting and I said to them that it doesn’t matter if they lose or win. It matters that they did their best and they work together to get where they are. They learned how to respect other team members and work together in teams. I had the best team I had ever coached.

They were great on everything and they always were playing fair. Everyone told me I was a great role model for all of them. That made me very happy and now everytime I see them around they ask me when I will coach them againg. They always work hard and respect everyone. I am very happy with my coaching and with my team members.

That’s the reason why children should have good role models not just at sports but at everything in life. They would be very respectful and would learn more. Everyone in life should have a good role model. I was one and look at what I did to those kids. I changed their lives.