This I belive in Equality

Sharif - Jacksonville, Florida
Themes: equality

This month we celebrate black history. It only comes once a month every year so whenever I can write about it I do. I chose equality because without it there would be no Black History Month. I believe all people – black, white, men, and women should all have equal rights and be treated the same. What makes a black female so different from a white male? Besides their body parts I can see no difference. To me, equality means the same treatment for all no matter your age, gender, race, or background. The dictionary defines equality as being equal, with the same rights. Over the years, a lot of black people defined equality. For instance, Charlotte H. Brown struggled with the fight for education rights for black children. Rosa Parks is known for her boycott of the Montgomery buses but she also fought for black voting rights. Martin L. King Jr., paved the way for our first black president.

I believe in equality, all people no matter what should have the same rights. ‘Is it fair that because I’m black I can’t get the same education as whites can?’ or ‘is it fair that men should get paid more than women because there brain is bigger?’ I’m just as smart and capable of learning just as well as the white kids. A man’s brain is actually the same size as a women’s so why should she be paid less if both are capable of doing the same job.