Having A Diary

Briona - Hartford, Connecticut

Like most young girls and teens, I have a diary. However, I recently made this diary. Before, I didn’t believe that writing your thoughts, feelings, and stories would help you in any way. I thought it was such a waste of time and gave you hand cramps. I’ve learned that it actually can make you feel really good. You can converse in any way that you want. You can put how you really feel about situations.

One thing that I really like about my diary is that it’s on a computer. It’s not like a traditional diary with the little key or ribbon or fabricated cover. I prefer typing so much more than writing. Writing hurts.

I only write about the bad things though. One thing I noticed is that after I complete an entry, I stop thinking about what happened. I can remember what happened and what I wrote, but the thoughts don’t disturb me anymore. I don’t get as angry over it anymore because it’s as if I had a really good conversation my technology friend. Everything I said, the computer agreed with me. I’m right. So, I feel better.

The number one problem a lot of people have with diaries is the whole privacy issue. They’re scared that someone will read their personal feelings. They don’t want anyone all in their business, so they don’t keep a diary. I perfectly understand. The great thing about my diary’s safety is that I’m the only person that uses the computer. That way, no one can go to “My Computer” and steal a look at my documents.

I think it’s cool having a diary now. I remember one time, I even wrote in my diary how much I liked having a diary. Wow, how silly of me, right? I now believe in diaries. I believe that they can be a big help.