Savannah - Lexington, Kentucky

“Learn as if you were to live forever, live as if you were to die tomorrow.” People all over the world do not know how precious life is until it is too late and they regret that they never did the thing s that they have always wanted to do or were too afraid to do.

When I watch television I sometimes pass that channel that shows children fighting for their lives. Some of them of cancer for the first time, others have had for their whole life.

One girl that I remember seeing on there was fifteen or sixteen years old and she unfortunately had cancer. She had been in and out of the treatment center her whole life, and was there to make one last effort to save her life. The teenager’s lifelong dream was to go to Europe. Her mother promised her the day that she was released from the hospital, cancer free, that she would take her for a tour around Europe.

Throughout her stay at the hospital, even though she going through chemo and other treatments, she still made the time to go around the hospital and spend time with all the younger kids to keep their spirits up. Doctors and nurses said that even though the treatments made her tired and in a lot of pain she still smiled and never complained, continuing to make sure she visited the kids.

That girl never got to go to Europe. She is not remembered for having the cancer but she is remembered for having fought the cancer bravely, and living her life to the fullest.

I believe people need to be like that girl, needing to live their lives as if they were to die tomorrow. You can’t live in fear your whole life, you must go and do the things that make you happy and that what makes everyone live their lives to the fullest. No regrets.

When I saw this story I saw how sick that girl was and how much she went through, but still she always made the time and effort to around and visit.

I suddenly realized that I never did anything out of what I normally do and I need to do more things outside of my normal life.