Realism In Our Naive World

Kevin - La Mesa, California

Those who believe are only blinded by false hope. Everything in life is inconsistent, whether it is human emotions or gas prices; nothing stays the same. Just look at America it switches from conservatism to liberalism every decade or so. The policies drastically change throughout these times.

Human beings are a synonym for inconsistencies. The life span of a human can be as early as less than a minute to as long as a hundred and ten years. People’s emotions are always changing. This is because you have to feel the sad to feel the happy. Without the sad, happy would just be neutral, because you have nothing to counter the happy feeling against. Humanity itself varies, there are humane people and then there are inhumane people. There are people trying to better the world, and people living for themselves.

Equality varies, in America different races are more acceptable, but “the wrong” sexual orientation is still frowned upon. People want equality, but aren’t willing to give it to everyone. There are inconsistencies around the world. Take the difference between Canada and Saudi Arabia, where women have more rights.

Doctors can help with medical problems, but a lot of times there are medical mysteries where problems go unsolved.

Karma is inconsistent as well. Good things happen to good and bad people, and bad things happen to bad and good people. Religions want people to be happy and do the right thing, but there are wars over them.

Happy endings, like the Disney movies watched in the diaper years, happen for some people but not nearly everyone. Life is not a kiddy train ride, instead of being flat and the same all the time; there are high points and low points in everyone’s life.

I found my life has been better not believing in anything, that way my hopes are not crushed. Everything I believed in, in my past, has been inconsistent, and so they have shattered the very foundation of my hopes. I am in more synchronicity to reality, and I’m not clouded by miracles. Miracles do happen, but as everything in this life, they are inconsistent. So instead of sitting back waiting for a miracle, I am living my life to the fullest, as if I was to and possibly could die tomorrow. I live with no regrets, and I believe in nothing, but inconsistencies.