Fling Ding Wiggle Loop

Rob - La Mesa, California

A romantic fairytale, where prince and princess find each other and live happily ever after. Or a romantic tragedy like Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, where (although forbidden) they find their true love. Growing up with stories like these bring up questions like, what is true love? will I ever find the ‘one’ for me?, and “how do I know when I’ve found it? Girls want their knight in shining armor. Guys wonder where their princess is, and they both wait for a true love’s kiss. Not to ruin dreams of little boys and girls around the world, but love is not as it is advertised.

This whole idea of true love and happily ever after, where prince meets his princess and princess meets her prince, it doesn’t exist. The reason why these love stories are shown in fictional fairytales, is because it isn’t what happens in real life. In reality love never works out that way, where two people fall in love for each other. An individual can fall completely in love with another, but that love will lead to a disappointment like no other. It’s a heartbreak, feeling lost lonely, and vulnerable, down depressed, and hopeless. To “fall” is to be deceived because life is no fairytale, nor is it a romantic tragedy.

Give up on love altogether. Go back to the ages from five to ten where girls still had cooties, and boys were still ugly. Sounds easy enough, no worries, no guilt, no regret, and love was a complete different concept then too. But man was created to love, it’s how we’re built, raised, taught, and it’s how we feel. Coming to one’s own conclusion on the subject though, that is the easiest way to get through. That one has to not find a true love, but make what little love there is to be true.

Personally I’ve come to my own realization that the only everlasting love comes from the one I call my Lord and Savior. Since the day I was born, He loved me. Through all my mistakes, He loved me. Even when I lost sight of him, He still loved me. It’s not something you can literally touch, but a love that can touch anyone and everyone no matter who or what they are or have done. Accepting God, and His love, into one’s heart is the true answer to a happily ever after. This I believe.