Jordan - 98103, Washington

America provides a safe, free land in which everyone is given the equal opportunity to succeed or fail in life. I believe the primary focus of the American Dream is to work hard for most of your life doing something that you love in order to feel like you have accomplished something before you pass. Individuals work hard throughout their lives to have a nice retirement to do the things they always “dreamed” of doing but money was a factor. In this country anything is obtainable if you work hard for it. This may be harder for some because of the different social classes we have in this country but I truly believe that everyone is given an equal chance. It is how people decide to use their chances that shapes if they will live a happy successful life. The fear of failure for me is enough to keep me working hard. I know this is a fear of many because otherwise there would be no such term as “midlife crisis”. It is also important for many to work hard to provide their families a good life. I believe people ultimately want to seek happiness throughout their lives. I believe America allows this dream to come true by providing opportunity everywhere in millions of ways.

Children constantly are hearing that in order to get a good job you need to successfully complete all the ranks of school. I believe this is where the American dream starts. Not necessarily with school but instead with education. Everyone in this country is able to go to school until at least age 16. It is how those students decide to use those 12-13 years to set up their future. I believe this is true based on my own experiences. I went to a school that consisted of many students from all different social classes. The harder someone worked the better scholarship they got or the better college they got into. It did not matter if you were rich or poor. Everyone was given the same chance. While it might be the case that people that do not attend college might have to work a little harder to become successful it is still possible. Millions of people have shown us that it is possible. I believe that with that building block of education everyone has the power to work as hard as they want to become successful. We all live in a country where the sky is the limit. If you can think it, you can make it happen.

However, I do believe that the more education you have the more successful you can be. Someone else must think that as well because I have certainly heard the phrase “you have to get a bachelors degree” a million times. When I had my doubts about finishing college someone was always there drilling into my head the importance of finishing college. When my peers were telling me this they must have wanted me to become successful.

My American dream is to work hard and play hard. I would like to continue my life the way it has been provided for me for the first 21 years. I aim to achieve running a successful family with enough money to provide for my family like I had provided for me. It is my dream to live a full life and explore all the corners of the world. I would like to polish my inventions into something perfect that changes people’s traveling experience. Within the past year I have begun working on an invention. The patenting process is something that has proved to me that the harder you work the more it pays off. And this is something that I learned on my own. I had no prior education on anything that I was working on. I started in square one just like everyone else and worked extremely hard to learn. That is why I believe success is possible for almost everyone.

Ultimately to succeed you have to be willing to fail. You cannot be afraid of failing. If you are afraid of failing you will never take risks big enough to allow for your success. Fear of failing might be what keeps the people who are less fortunate or who cannot attend higher education from succeeding.